Wildling Weddings is a bespoke wedding photography and wedding planning service based in Edinburgh that helps couples arrange intimate ceremonies and elopements across all of Scotland. Originally from the States, photographer and planner Alysa loves capturing the majestic views and natural backdrops that Scotland has to offer. Her main photo styles are artistic, photojournalistic, and fine-art aesthetics, and she strives to document couples in an authentic, candid manner. With her specialty in elopements and micro-weddings, she will be ready to give your final photos a romantic, intimate finish.
Here ar Wildling Weddings we’re more than happy to travel throughout Scotland (or abroad – any excuse for a trip!) and offer options for destination weddings. You will have multiple packages to choose from, with various services to meet your needs and wants. Your final photos will be available as an online gallery for easy viewing and sharing. In addition to photography, Wildling Weddings also offers planning services to help you organize a one-of-a-kind, adventurous elopements or micro-weddings.
– Edinburgh Engagement Photography: These pre-wedding shoots are ideal for capturing the perfect photo to put on your wedding invitations. Two-hour shoot around Edinburgh with a custom timeline based on your desired locations. Receive an online gallery with over 75 photos.
– Edinburgh Elopement/Micro-Wedding Photography: Up to 7 hours of photography coverage within 50 miles of Edinburgh. You’ll receive an online gallery with over 200-300 photos.
– Edinburgh Elopement/Micro-Wedding Planning & Photography: Up to 7 hours of photography coverage within 50 miles of Edinburgh. You’ll receive an online gallery with over 300 photos. Packages include up to 20 hours of planning services and we can also provide ceremony witnesses as needed.
– Scotland Elopement/Micro-Wedding Photography: Up to 7 hours of photography coverage across mainland Scotland. You’ll receive an online gallery with over 300 photos. Packages include the photographer’s travel and accommodation across mainland Scotland.
– Scotland Elopement/Micro-Wedding Planning & Photography: Up to 7 hours of photography coverage across mainland Scotland. You’ll receive an online gallery with over 300 photos. Packages include the photographer’s travel and accommodation across mainland Scotland. Packages also include 20 hours of wedding planning and witnesses can be provided upon request.
– Scotland Wedding Photography Full-Day Coverage: Ideal for those with over ten guests and larger wedding parties, our Edinburgh and Scotland packages are customized to each couple and include between 4 and 7 hours of photography, 300+ photos.
– Luxury Elopement/Wedding Packages: Make your wedding planning and day as EASY as possible with this luxury elopement or micro-wedding package. These are custom-built around YOUR desires and can include all aspects of planning, pre-wedding shoots, wedding day coverage, and even honeymoon planning. You’ll get hundreds of professionally edited photos, a professionally crafted fine art photo album, and USB with your full gallery. Wherever you want to go in Scotland, I’ll make it happen. Whether you want to elope on Arthur’s Seat in central Edinburgh and celebrate at a whisky bar after, or you want to head to the Shetland Islands for a remote ceremony, Wildling Weddings is here to help you plan and capture it all!
Most couples spend between £1200 and £2500 on wedding or elopement photography in Scotland. The packages and prices listed on the Wildling Weddings site are a guide and can be customized based on your needs. I recommend booking a free no-obligation consultation prior to asking for a quote so I can learn more about your budget and wildest wedding dreams and create a custom package that works for you. You can book your consultation here: tidycal.com/wildlingweddings
What to Expect
Consultation prior to booking to make sure I’m a good fit for you and vice versa – we spend one of the most special days of your life together and you allow me to capture your most intimate moments so it needs to be a good fit. This is totally non-obligational so don’t feel bad if you decide to look elsewhere. I will talk about Scotland to anyone who will listen so if nothing else, we’ll have a great chat and you’ll walk away with some ideas. This is an amazing country and I want you to have the most magical experience in it – whether that’s with me as your photographer or not, I’m just happy to have met you and helped. You can book in a quick chat here: tidycal.com/wildlingweddings
Next comes your custom booking proposal. After we’ve had a chance to talk about what exactly you’re looking for I’ll put together a booking proposal where you can select exactly what you want (no pressure of doing it while on a sales call!), sign your contract, and put down your deposit to confirm your date. You’ll then have access to your private customer portal. This is where you’ll access all of the contracts, questionnaires, dates, prints, credits, and galleries. It’s all in one easy place so you don’t have to go sorting through your email!
Depending on the package you’ve chosen, you’ll receive a variety of different questionnaires and consultation calls. These are all totally optional but highly recommended so I can make the Scotland wedding that you’ve been dreaming of a reality! I really want to get to know you before your wedding so it feels like I’m an old friend attending this special moment. Because of this, I encourage frequent calls (let’s catch up over a coffee or whisky – or whisky in your coffee – I don’t judge), the sharing of your Pinterest board for ideas, and even a Whatsapp group so you can drop me a message with questions or ideas.
Along comes your wedding day! I shoot only one wedding each day so I never have to rush off to make another ceremony time. I’ll capture thousands (I truly get an arm and leg workout on these days from the squatting and lifting!) of photos from getting ready and first looks all the way through to the ceremony, cake cutting, and final dance. I’ll work with you to create a custom timeline so we can capture the most important moments and capture photos that you’ll want to have on your wall for years to come. I’ll capture a mix of candid, documentary-style photos and portraits that will all be available in your online gallery featuring hundreds of professionally edited photos.
The cake is finished, the whisky drank, and it’s now a few weeks later, and hooray – your wedding gallery is ready! I’ve teased the photos on socials so you’re already super excited, but now you have access to hundreds of beautifully edited photos that you can download and share. If you ordered prints at the beginning, you’ll now be able to choose which images you would like printed, in your album, or on your thank you cards (which we can link to your online gallery so all wedding attendees can see and download images!)
Throughout this entire process, my goal is to help you ENJOY the journey and be RELAXED in front of the camera. I understand that it can be really tough to get up and say your vows in front of your friends and family, let alone showcase intimate moments for a complete stranger to capture. I’ll work off of your vibe – if you’re more comfortable with me blending into the background to capture candid moments, I can totally do that. But if you want me to tell Aunt Terry that she’s had a bit too much and is ruining the shots I’m happy to take one for the team. Whatever works best for you, I’m totally flexible. However, I will always direct you to the best lighting, let you know if you have something in your teeth, and be ready with a tissue in case anyone’s mascara is running!
Hi there! My name is Alysa and I’m thrilled to be considered as your Scotland wedding photographer and/or planner. I’ve worked as a couples and travel photographer around the world but Scotland is easily one of my favorite places to photograph. When not capturing and planning magical moments, I run a Scotland travel blog, Voyaging Herbivore. Through this blog I have worked both to promote and photograph amazing UK-based and international brands. Having photographed upwards of five Loch Ness tours from Edinburgh, I know a lot of random facts about what dwells in the deep and I’m more than happy to share these exciting details. As a tour photographer, couples photographer, and Scotland blogger I can help you plan a truly unique Scotland wedding or elopement complete with photos that will have you falling in love all over again with your partner and Scotland.
Get in touch for a personalized booking package or for a no-obligation chat today!