I’m Raelin – Small wedding & elopement photographer based in Seattle, Washington.
Hi, I’m your quietly artistic soul mate.
I specialize in smaller, more intimate weddings and elopements and portrait sessions. I photograph most frequently in the Olympic National Park, the Washington Coast, and Oregon Coast. But I travel all across the United States, bringing that Pacific Northwest mood with me wherever you are.
My photography is a love letter to you. It’s like hot cheeks against a cold wind, like a fleeting glance that feels like home, like rain drops on the windows on the car ride back.
About Me – Why Elopements and Small Weddings
Attempting to plan my own wedding in 2017, nothing really felt ‘right’. Ultimately, my now husband and I traded our traditional wedding for an elopement on Mt. Rainier. Photography was so important to me and I fell in love (literally) with the entire experience, and this is where I unintentionally found my calling. My photography doesn’t fall too far from my own wedding experience. These are the reasons I eloped, and they are a strong influence in how I curate couple’s stories today.
- Planning a big traditional wedding can be exhausting, overwhelming, and expensive.
- Introverted, forcing myself to be extroverted all day for the traditional wedding I was planning did not sound like a dream.
- I wanted to be my most authentic self, and an elopement aligned more with who I was (being able to get ready in a cabin out in the woods with the soft sound of rain and drinking coffee.. yes please.)
- Saying vows in front of so many people was anxiety-inducing. With our elopement we were able to modify our vow reading without judgement.
- The photos. The location we eloped was so important to us, and part of our story. Having beautiful landscape photography that reflected this was absolutely priceless and irreplaceable if we were to have compromised on a traditional venue.
I would prefer to send you a handwritten letter, but hey, this is the next best thing.
My Photography & Creative Process
I will always be an open book. Any questions, just ask.
- Send me an inquiry over on my website with some details about yourselves (I promise to return the favor).
- Let’s get to know each other a little bit, but if you resonate with my photography, it’s likely we understand each other pretty well already.
- Planning – We’ll chat back and forth about what is most important to you and I’ll offer all the help I can; suggesting locations, helping define the number of hours to book, referring local vendors, pointing you to any required permits, etc.
- Your wedding – I’m there for you 110% on the day of your elopement or intimate wedding, I love to be that calm and steady anchor of support.
- Delivering your photos within 8 weeks, you’ll have a beautifully curated and private photo gallery to download from. I deliver 30 photos minimum per hour of photography booked. Each gallery is sprinkled with creative gifs that make your wedding gallery feel more like home.
So much heart & soul goes into these photographs, inspiration comes from many places.
- First, it starts with you. Getting to know you and your story, what’s most important to you on your wedding day, how you got here, etc.
- Deep diving into your inspiration. If you tell me you want your elopement to feel like Lord of the Rings, that’s what I’ll be watching while I prepare my camera gear. If you have music that you want your wedding to feel like, I’ll create a playlist to listen to on the drive there.
- And deep diving into my own inspiration. I have my own photography inspiration, playlists, and movies that fuel my creative spark. It’s almost a ritual to submerse myself in these to prepare for your wedding.