The beauty of this session lies in the incredible detailing that went into the styling.
When asked to recall her inspiration, photographer Christine Pegany says, “It began as any engagement does, with a ring and a ring box.” In this case, it was a pair of particularly remarkable bands set in a glass box that sparked the initial concept.
Working with a team of skilled vendors, Christine used cognac leather as the binding element for this shoot, incorporating it into every detail to create a cohesive look. “It can be found in little things,” she notes. This includes the personalized luggage tags and passport covers, the elegant whiskey glasses, the groom’s chic suspenders, and perhaps most importantly, the couple’s matching hiking boots, simultaneously complementing their sense of adventure and effortlessly tying the session together.
Christine aimed to capture the adventurous nature of love and considered the elopement experience from start to finish to achieve this goal. Personalized vows, sweet confections for an intimate cake-cutting ceremony, a lavish sweetheart table, delicate, hand-made wedding announcements, and even customized travel accessories to launch the couple’s honeymoon truly set this styled shoot apart. “When you’re looking for [an] adventure to showcase how grand your love is, an elopement is the obvious choice,” Christine says. “All of the details come together to paint a picture of love and beauty.”
We could not agree more!
Photography by Wild Love Photography
“The idea behind this styled elopement was to capture the amazing adventure that love is…”
[Christine Pegany, Photographer]
“These two were amazing to work with! They had incredible chemistry that shines through in the images, which is exactly the kind of emotion and love I want to capture with all of my couples.”
“My favorite part of the session was hiking up the side of the mountain to find the perfect perch to capture the most gorgeous shots of [Kayhla and Blake].”
Coordination | Katie Frost Weddings
Florals | Copper & Birch
Bridal Designer | Flora & Lane
Veil | Mabadi Bridal
Makeup | Whitney Alexis
Hair Styling | See Kate Create
Bowtie | Silas & Sloan
Cufflinks & Watch | Groomsday
Suspenders | No Slip Suspenders
Rentals | Beautiful Event Rentals
Bride’s Ring | Studio 1040
Groom’s Ring | Wood Wedding Bands
Ring Box | House That Crow Built
Jewelry | Theresa Rose Weddings
Cakes & Confections | Cakes Couture
Calligraphy | Angela Davidson Design
Ribbon | Thistle & Twill
Passport Cover | Bramble and Beene
Whiskey Glasses | Sugarhouse Leather
Models | Kayhla Zeagler & Blake Fountain
Thank you to Wild Love Photography for sharing this session!
- 1 The beauty of this session lies in the incredible detailing that went into the styling.
- 2 “The idea behind this styled elopement was to capture the amazing adventure that love is…”
- 3 “The location is the most important part of any elopement – finding the spot that reflects your personality and sense of adventure… Just outside of Austin [is] Enchanted Rock, [a] little hidden gem you would never expect. It’s fit with stunning orange rocks and amazing views… The vivid colors… inspired the use of beautiful cognac leather throughout the details.”
- 4 “These two were amazing to work with! They had incredible chemistry that shines through in the images, which is exactly the kind of emotion and love I want to capture with all of my couples.”
- 5 “My favorite part of the session was hiking up the side of the mountain to find the perfect perch to capture the most gorgeous shots of [Kayhla and Blake].”