I call the Grand Canyon state home… but I will follow you wherever you roam!
Hi! I’m Shannon Durazo, and I am head over heels about helping couples create and capture the wedding day of their dreams. I work mainly in Sedona and throughout Arizona, but travel the southwest to capture free spirited weddings and elopements in some of the most remote areas of the wilderness.
What it looks like to work together
What I will do-
- Help you with a step by step roadmap for planning your unforgettable elopement or destination wedding
- Recommend vendors, help location scout, build out timelines, and make sure you feel as comfortable and carefree on your wedding day as I possibly can
- Guide you through poses to ensure you feel confident about getting those epic “hero” portraits surrounded by nature, then fall back and be your stalker-azee as you enjoy the freedom to truly be yourselves on your elopement day.
- Hike an intense mountain, drive a bumpy 4×4 trail, traverse far distances, slip into slot canyons, or wade in ice cold waters to capture your memories. Where you go, I go (unless you want to go base jumping or climb Everest, those I may have to bow out!)
- Love on your dogs, be patient and flexible with kiddos, and be a steady arm if grandma needs help getting to your elopement spot.
What I won’t do-
- I promise I won’t treat your elopement as a full day portrait shoot– because that would be utterly miserable!
- I won’t leave you wondering where we are in the process of planning pre-wedding day, or after your elopement. Communication is key!
How your marriage begins matters
I LOVE weddings. But what truly gives me joy is helping couples start happy marriages. I am blessed with a husband that I still love deeply after 15+ years, and want nothing more than for everyone to know that feeling.
I don’t have a magic wand, but I promise I will do everything within my power to make sure your whole wedding experience is as positive as I can, from start to finish. I want you to be able to look back on the images of your day and be overcome with the joy and happiness you felt for each other in those moments.
Behind the Lens
I’m a happy wife to a real life ninja, and proud mom to an EMT and 3 rescue pups. I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with peak bagging and exploring new places. I prefer backpacking to spa days, deep connections over superficial interactions, and experiences over things… and I would be thrilled to help you in your elopement journey! There are a ton of planning resources on my website to help you throughout the planning phase. I would love to chat and hear all about what you are dreaming up!
Hope to hear from you~