Seine River Elopement Ceremony in Paris
Alena and Ben’s elopement was in the heart of the city of love, where they met. These two kept their elopement day at Seine River simple with a few decorations, exchanging personal vows, and ending the night with an outfit change and sparklers with a view of the Eiffel tower.
Get all the details about planning your elopement within a city from Linh Tran, the photographer of Through The Glass Paris, and some insights from the couple.
Are you planning a city elopement this year? Team up with one of our experience elopement vendors to start planning an intimate experience.
Seine River Elopement
Seine River is probably one of the most beautiful rivers in France, but it does get crowded with tourists. When planning your elopement in a city, especially a popular tourist destination like Paris, you have to be prepared to have a couple of on-lookers during your ceremony.
Here are some of Linh’s top tips when planning your elopement ceremony at the Seine River:
- Getting up early, at sunrise for the best light and avoid crowds.
- Find vendors, especially elopement planner, photographer/videographer that will help you to personalize your timeline and photo itinerary with locations suggestions.
- There are so many more beautiful and hidden locations in Paris rather than just the popular ones. The planner suggested this part of the Seine river, with charming Haussmann buildings in the background of their ceremony.
- Bring flats or sneakers to move around easily because cobblestone in Paris makes it difficult to walk around all day.
Check out more location inspiration in our Paris elopement guide.
Planning a Paris Elopement
“If you don’t want to deal with logistics or planning your elopement, especially if you’re thinking of doing it in another country, hire an elopement planner or get an all-inclusive package to save the headache. This wedding was planned by The Paris Elopement and they are willing to go above and beyond so that each couple has the most incredible experience.” [Linh, the photographer]
Check out our top reasons why you should hire an elopement planner.
Styling Your Paris Elopement In The City
Out of everything, we love how simple and romantic Alena and Ben’s elopement day was. This elopement looks effortless and so stunning against the sunrise. This comes to show you that you really don’t need much when you’re planning an elopement together.
Look for an elopement dress you really love, including a few florals, and add a super cool car in the mix to really give your day some edge.
“Our bride wore an elegant wedding dress with a statement bow tie in the back, and an open back, all making her look sexy but also classy and chic. Our groom looked so dapper in his custom-made suit paired with really cool accessories like his bright orange socks, breaking the classic image of a wedding suit.” [Linh, the photographer]
Here are some more ideas to style your elopement together from Linh:
- Matching accessories and color palette across the couples’ wedding attire. Our bride had an orange/red burgundy bouquet, and our groom matched with his orange socks and boutonniere.
- Don’t be afraid to get a little extra! We love a good champagne popping! Our bride even changed her hair accessories multiple times and wore pearls as a part of her makeup.
- Get a vintage car and travel in style! Not to mention, so perfect for photos!
- Include something that’s both of your favorite. Example: Our couple wanted their favorite champagne brand. It’s small but makes all the difference!
Check out our blog for more elopement ideas!
Memorable Moments During This Seine River Elopement
Linh tells us the ceremony and the couple’s vows were the highlights of this elopement. This ceremony happened as the sun was rising (a perfect way to avoid the crowds). We love how the sun made these two glow, really allowing them to bask in their love for each other. Then they popped some champagne and shared their delicious wedding cake together.
“So many things have already happened to us and so many things yet to come, and I’m extremely happy to share every second of my present with you, Ben.” [Excerpt from their wedding vows]
We also love how after their ceremony, these two wandered around the streets of Paris, getting lost, and just having fun dancing around the city.
Should You Elope?
Eloping is the perfect way couples can celebrate their wedding day how they want and where they want together.
“There are really no rules when it comes to elopements. The couples can do whatever they want, whatever feels most authentic and comfortable to them, and just simply enjoy this special day together. And we can all get a little bit extra on this day.” [Linh, the photographer]
Are you ready to start planning your elopement? Check out our guide on how to elope.
Photo + Video: Through The Glass Paris
Planner: The Paris Elopement
Floral design: Be One Paris Florist
Wedding dress: Zoe Rowyn Bridal
MUAH: Alesia Solo Makeup Artist
Officiant: The Paris Officiant
Stationery: Delicate Paper
Videography of This Elopement in Paris
Photos From This Seine River Elopement