Kualoa Ranch Picnic Elopement Inspiration
Hawaii elopements classically feature sandy beaches and waves, but away from the water, there is so much more to the Hawaiian islands! If you’re seeking something lush and green with an impressive mountain backdrop, then let this styled elopement at the Kualoa Ranch on Oahu inspire you. The variety of Oahu’s landscape means you can plan a unique elopement even in a popular destination like Hawaii. All you have to do is take advantage of the island’s diverse geography on the windward side.
Here’s how it all went down according to the photographer, Allie Dearie:
“This styled elopement took place at the Low Camp location at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, one of the iconic
filming spots from Jurassic Park. We created this styled elopement because there is plenty of inspiration
online for Hawaiian elopement picnics on the beach, but that’s it – none in fields, mountains, or anywhere
else. So we changed that with this gorgeous picnic setup on the ranch!”
Allie wanted to showcase all the different ways that couples can make their elopement day special, and a picnic in this landmark spot is definitely unique! The iconic ridges and sprawling grass valleys leave plenty of room to explore, and more than likely, you’ll gain some four-hooved friends along the way.
Here are some additional ideas to make your picnic elopement stand out in meaningful ways:
- Support local by including work from Hawaii artists and businesses, like this custom ocean-inspired charcuterie board by Trvl And Sea
- Bring your favorite snacks. Think about things you both love, or include foods from your first date, or other memory!
- Bring your favorite beverage to toast with. It doesn’t have to be champagne; you can also bring wine, whiskey, beer, or a non-alcoholic drink.
- Hire an officiant to conduct your ceremony and make things official.
- Read vows.
- Include traditional elements like a first dance together. You can play your favorite song from a Bluetooth speaker or your phone.
- Trade gifts or wedding presents before or after your picnic.
For planning elopements or ceremonies at the ranch, keep in mind that you’ll need to contact Kualoa Ranch directly for packages and wedding services. It’s best to book far in advance to ensure your date is available! As a tip, weekday elopements and ceremonies are cheaper than Saturdays and Sundays.
“After the ceremony and picnic, we ran and danced around the valley, ending at the historic ranch sign to
commemorate what a fun location it was. It was such a dreamy day, and we loved incorporating local artists
into our details.”
Photographer & Planning: Allie Dearie Photography
Officiant & Coordination: Ashlee Felton of Heartfelt Ceremonies
Venue: Kualoa Ranch
Florals and Vow Books: Lulu’s Lei and Bouquets
Charcuterie Board: Trvl And Sea
Cake: Whole Foods
Ring: Heid Gibson Designs
Couple: Aubrey and Cory Brouwer